Sunday, June 1, 2008

In Repair

So this past week has been full of its ups and downs, and it's starting to take a tole on me. There have been a lot of awesome things that have happened, but there have also been some not so good things. I think I'm just really looking forward to being done with this quarter. 

The weather has been absolutely amazing lately though. As we were driving home from an amazing service at crossroads today, it was awesome to marvel at the wonderful day that was upon us. I'm hoping to go outside and enjoy the weather and play some tennis or something. We'll see I guess.

The one thing about this week though, is that I have really been able to see God working in me, that is, when I'm having rational thoughts, and don't let me emotions get in the way, which cause me to seek out my selfish desires. Over the past month or so, I've been really trying to trust God with everything in my life, and I think that I'm getting better at it. There are just so many things that are out of our hands, and we just need to accept that, and realize that God has it under control. God is good.


P.S. Manny Ramirez hit his 500th career home run last night, finally!

1 comment:

Amanda Carmen Bower said...

Hey! Know the John Mayer song, "In Repair"? I put the lyrics it in a post a few weeks back and your post title reminded me of it. My favorite line (well, in the acoustic version, I'm not sure if its in the original or not) is: "I'm in repair ... I'm not together but I'm getting there."

To me, it basically says, hey, let's just embrace the awkwardnes of life. If we're really honest with ourselves and open to God molding us, our lives will be full of growing pains like the last month or so. Also, I want to just say thanks for being such an great friend to Alex - I can tell God is doing awesome things through that and also using the way all of you guys have connected to inspire some of us gals too. Hey, as Alex would say, "We're all in this together!" :)