Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Refresh

Right now I should be working on a lab report due tomorrow, but I can't seem to focus on school work right now when so many amazing things have been happening over the past couple days. Things have been moving at such a fast pace, and while I may not have planned on getting here the way I did, I can't help but just be happy for what is going on in my life. I have this unexplainable joy in me right now, and I'm not sure where it came from, but I don't care, all I know is that God is good.

We started studying Romans for small group this year, and I am in love with the book. I haven't really even fully read the whole thing closely, but there are so many times in the first 8 or 9 chapters that I couldn't help but laugh, because God is just funny sometimes(in an ironic sorta way). I am really excited for our small group; there are so many young guys that have so much potential, I can't wait to see what God is going to do in our group.

And I'm not naive, I know things can't be great all the time, it even says in Romans 7:21(MSG), "It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up." I know that things will get hard. I am going to get stretched. I am going to be asked to sacrifice the little free time I have in order to get lunch with someone, to help someone out, to spend time with God. But for one of the first times in my life, I am feeling a real excitement about God, about what he is going to do with my life, about the relationships I have. I'm in this process of trying to organize my time and my priorities, and I can already tell that I am going to resist this change, it's something I do all the time. But, this time I am not doing it alone. I have God on my side, I have people keeping me in check, I have the responsibility to keep other people in check.

The reason I write this post after failing to write a post for who knows how long, is because I am just excited. I feel refreshed. I am reminded of God's grace, and the fact that I don't have to live in my past sin, that I can move forward, knowing that God is there with me. I haven't been this excited and happy in a while, especially about God. Isn't it amazing that no matter how long we have been running away, He is always there when we come running back, with His arms wide open, just waiting for us, saying "I love you, I don't care what you did, I just want you, and I want your heart"

I love you God, help me to depend on You, and fully trust You.